lundi 6 octobre 2008

My first Big Leagues Game!

This is definitely a night to remember. It all started out with my dad's boss who happened to get the hockey tickets from a contractor. He offered them to my dad, and he sure took them! The tickets were over 180$! We got them for free, but the greatest part, they were amazing seats, row 24! It was Saturday night at the ACC, a pre-season game between Stanley Cup Champions, the Detroit Red Wings, and the Maple Leafs. I was ecstatic for the whole day, as soon as I walked into that arena, it was finally hitting me that I was at the big leagues. I had gone with my dad, the game didn't start until 7 o'clock, but of course, I was too anxious, and decided to get there for 6. The clock was counting down on the big screen to game time. About a half hour before, both teams had come out on the ice and started to warm up. I started recognizing a few names, Hossa, Cleary, Osgood, Joseph, Antropov, Pogge, Meech, Blake! I was getting pretty into it. Throughout the game there was alot of contact, which is why I love that sport so much. There were a couple of fights that occured on the ice, and you can bet I was standing on my feet yelling " FIGHT! FIGHT! " The twist of that, at the same time as the big fight was happening on the ice, there was a big outbreak in the stands! There were several security guards that were breaking it up, and a couple of cops. It was so intense to have seen that at the same time as the game. I had alot of Leaf fans around me, which I wasn't too fond of, I would boo everytime the Leafs scored, and cheer when the Wings made a goal. It was amazing to hear the pucks and the sticks hitting the ice, the cheers of the crowd, it was an amazing night. I suggest you just for once, to go see a Big League game, it really is worth the money to go once in a while. I even ended up on the big screen twice! That doesn't happen to everyone. I will never forget that night, it was unbelieveable! Detroit had won 4-3, it was a close game. The Leafs had 23 shots, while Detroit had 20 shots, if I remember correctly.

2 commentaires:

M. David a dit…

Wow! I'm very jealous! Sounds like a lot of fun. Nothing beats live hockey. Too bad the Leafs lost!

roxanne a dit…

Well I didn't mind! I hate the Leafs! Haha so I loved it even more!