lundi 20 octobre 2008

Little things to help your English

How can spelling mistakes be prevented? Many of you are probably thinking of the program on Microsoft Word that corrects it for you automatically. For handing in written work, such as essays, or journals, and short stories, many students make spelling mistakes. Now I will let you all in on my little trick that has helped me for as long as I can remember. Chatting to your friends on MSN, can have a bigger impact than you can imagine. On MSN we tend to use smaller words so that you don't have to write everything, but the truth is, because you're so used to typing like that, it will eventually affect your writting. When I was in the 7th grade, I was horrible at spelling, when I started to go over my corrected English projects, I realized that my mistakes were how I used to write on MSN, but at the time that I was writting these projects, I didn't even realize it. I decided to start writting full sentences, and with the capital in front of every sentence in my conversations. Some of my friends thought that I was delusional, but it had helped me incredibly. I hardly have any mistakes when I type, or when I hand in most of my work. Another thing that has helped me ever since I was little, were the subtitles, or closed caption on my TV. There are some channels that don't offer it, but the majority of them do. Because of those subtitles, I learned many new words and learned how to spell better, and read better. In a way, it helps my brain function, and multi-task, because I'm learning to read, but also paying attention to the screen. Little things like these, can really improve your technique of writting, reading, and spelling mistakes. Trust me people, it works!

Aucun commentaire: