jeudi 2 octobre 2008

A Must-Read Author

Some of you may not know, but I hate reading books, and by the word hate, I mean can't stand reading a book! The worst books to read are the ones they make you read at school, especially the french ones. They're always about stupid subjects. Although, I will admit that I did like '' The Outsiders '' and also '' Lord of the Flies '' they were alright. But the ones that get me going, are the crime books written by famous author, Max Haines. For my 17th birthday, I asked for some good crime stories. My dad bought me 3, 2 of which were written by Max Haines. So far, I'm reading the biggest book I've ever laid a hand on, and I LOVE it! It's The Collected Works of Max Haines, Volume 5. It's a big book, combined with a bunch of little 4-5 page stories. The way he writes, is as if you were there, in those times. There are 3 parts, Celebrity Murders and other Nefarious Deeds, Which includes; Charlie Chaplin, Jimmy Hoffa, Martin Luther King, Ted Kennedy, John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, O.J Simpson, and many many more. Murders strange but True, and Murder most Foul, which I can't wait to read! Max Haines is an incredibly good author; he uses an unbelievable technique that connects the readers to the story. If you are a crime fanatic, his books would be my number 1 choice to read!

Aucun commentaire: